Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
We are living in interesting times. I want you to know that we are doing everything we can do to keep you safe. As of this moment there is no cases of COVID-19 in Leon County and the surrounding area. Therefore, we are at minimal risk. However, we want to be wise in everything we do. Here are some ways we can pray about this situation:
* Pray for God to intervene in miraculous ways to halt the spread of this virus. 2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
* Pray for comfort and healing for those who have contracted the virus. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
* Pray for emergency responders, healthcare workers, and leaders who are on the front lines of providing care and decision-making. 1 Timothy 2:1-4 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
* Pray for the Church to have courage and to always be prepared to give a reason for the hope that is within them. 1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
* Pray for your city and the health and welfare of its citizens. Jeremiah 29:7 And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the LORD for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace.
2 Timothy 1:7 reminds us that God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
As you watch the world react to this crisis don’t neglect to share the faith, hope and confidence you have in Jesus. Share how He rescued you from the universal epidemic of sin and eternal death. Truly, we have nothing ultimately to fear.
WEDNESDAY PRAYER MEETING - MARCH 18 - ONLINE ONLY 7PM
SUNDAY MORNING SERVICE - MARCH 22 - ONLINE ONLY 11AM
SUNDAY EVENING SERVICE - MARCH 22 - ONLINE ONLY 6PM